Monday, March 30, 2009

What I'm Learning - Dr. Paul on "Stuff is Tough"

"We all have stuff, and stuff is tough!" ~Dr Paul

Here's another cool thing I've learned from Dr. Paul...and the more it sinks into this thick head of mine, the more it changes my life.

I hope I get my facts straight, but I guess there was a poll somewhere in the U.S. of a million teenaged drivers. One of the questions was to rate the kind of driver they were. It had the usual, "below average," "average," "above average," and a few others I guess to choose from. Can you guess the answers that were given?

Here's a clue: All ONE MILLION of those teens had the same answer.

Yup...they ALL proclaimed themselves, "ABOVE AVERAGE" drivers!

While I applaud the self esteem of these young drivers, the statistics can't be right. If all one million were above average, we'd have, like no accidents...ever. lol

On the other end of the spectrum, Dr. Paul brings up the problems that we all face. Each of us have them. The thing is, how many of us think that our problems are bigger, nastier, and harder to bear than anyone elses?

I fear that many of us -- maybe even ALL of us -- would INSIST that our problems (let's change that word to CHALLENGES, shall we) are bigger than anyone else, and that we are the exception to the unspoken, "I'm strong enough to overcome my challenges" rule.

And here comes the point. That way of thinking? In a word, bull-kaa-kaa! lol

NONE of us are exceptions. We ALL have STUFF! Sometimes that stuff is nasty and painful and heart-wrenching, and, well...TOUGH! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. What matters is ho we CHOOSE (very important word) to deal with our own package of stuff.

And I'll end it there, 'cuz I'm still workin' on that one! :)

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment