Yaaay I have an analogy! I'm so excited!
Ok so we're always told to write our goals down and read them often. This principle was drilled into my head (and my toe!) last night.
I'm a night owl, so most nights I'm the last to go bed. So, after turning out all the lights, it's dark -- really dark. But last night, I became very aware of a habbit that I perform EVERY night right before crawling into bed.
I turn on the hall light, open my bedroom door, and LOOK at my bed. I look at the little path that leads to my side of the bed -- the dresser, the shelf...then I turn off the hall light, and follow that path, in the dark, to sweet slumber.
Why do I do this? I've walked that path a bazillion times before. I KNOW where my bed is, for goodness sake!
I guess I don't have a silver-tongued smooth explanation. Just this - No matter how many times I've made that short trek to my bed, even in the dark, it always helps to shine a light on that path as much as I need to. (And I still manage to stub my toe at least once a week!)
How's that? So yeah...those goals in my first post? I just inspired myself to print them out and look at them often.
There's my analogy! Think about it as you find your bed tonight!
'Till next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it! I know where my bed is too, but I have to look just in case I am going to trip over something...LOL
ReplyDeleteGood analogy.
Tell your friend I had to make a google account in order to leave a post. Love you jenirae
ReplyDelete